Tuesday, March 6, 2012

In warhammer 40K, is purity seal spray paint good for undercoating my catachans?

if not what should i use? i would have got chaos black, but they were out at the store.In warhammer 40K, is purity seal spray paint good for undercoating my catachans?
Purity seal is not a good undercoat!



It's designed to protect a finished model from knock and scratches and, as such, is a good investment, but apply it only after you've finished painting.



Fortunately, Purity Seal is formulated to make it possible to paint over the top, so all is not lost. Either wait for some Chaos Black or Skull White spray to come in or get down to your local hardware store and get yourself some acrylic primer spray suitable for plastics. Citadel spray is specially formulated for painting miniatures, so I recommend getting it. Check eBay, as I tend to get all my spray paint there at a small discount.



I would add that, for painting Catachans, Chaos Black isn't always a good place to start. However, as I know you're planning of giving yours black fatigues, it should be fine. If you were planning a more colourful army (most Catachans end up green) then Skull White would be a better undercoat.In warhammer 40K, is purity seal spray paint good for undercoating my catachans?
I've never tried undercoating with varnish, It might work so maybe you could spray a single test miniature to see what happens but I would always use a real primer. BTW, if you have always used Chaos Black before, try grey or white to see if you prefer it. I rarely use anything other than Skull White primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment