Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What are your thoughts on Warhammer online?

I have been looking into buying this new game but would like some more input. Can someone tell me what they think about it. more information on what each class does. Maybe your favorite class. How is the game play with the game being released less then a month ago, a lot of bugs, glitches etc??



Should I hop on buying it or give it a little bit of time To let the new bugs settle and what not?



What do you think about the game?What are your thoughts on Warhammer online?
I'd say to give it a try. there are definately improvements that need to be made but it is no where near as bad as world of warcraft was when it first came out (anyone else remember the extended downtime and horrendous lag when that game first came out?) Right now Warcraft is a much smoother running game than warhammer but only because blizzard has had 4 years to smooth it out. Warhammer is very promising and though it might not be the best MMO on the market right now I say give it 6 months and it will be. Warhammer has a lot of promising features that warcraft doesn't have to offer. I'd say Warhammer has a lot of potential and will only get better with time whereas i only see Warcraft offering more of the same. I left a really good group of friends on WoW to play Warhammer and have since convinced 2 of them to start playing with me on the new game. the PVP is much better in warhammer. i hated doing PVP in warcraft but had to in order to get my gladiator gear. in this game the PVP is my favorite part.



there is a great site called warhammer alliance (www.warhammeralliance.com) that has a lot of discussion boards about each class, zone, etc.



http://www.wardb.com is another good site which is the equivelant to warcraft's thottbot.com



my favorite class so far is the shaman because i like having a character that is ranged and can heal itself but my boyfriend loves his maurader so it depends on what you like. What are your thoughts on Warhammer online?
I would hop on it if I were you. I've been in it since open beta, but have been having performance issues due to a too slow processor. I will give you my impressions thus far, and what I know from buying the Prima game guide and atlas bundle:

There are 20 (?) classes to choose from. I've tried about 6, to level 6-8. The only Order character I tried was the Swordmaster (tank) which I really enjoyed. Nothing like starting the game with a whopping huge sword to swing. On the Destruction side, I am liking the Sorcerer (ranged), Squid herder (ranged with silly pet that can explode, and you can eat it to regain health!) and Disciple of Khaine (healer). Buy the guide- it tells you how to level the characters, what stats to concentrate on. Takes the guess work out.

Bugs have been minimal, and I've been reading others feel the same. Quotes like 'very polished', 'smooth launch', etc.

Seems like the makers communicate well with their customers. There doesn't seem to be an EA Mythic sponsored forum site, but there are fan sites that are active, and I think the EA people monitor the larger ones for feedback.

I am still in the questing and participating in public quests part of the game, but I have read about the pvp scenarios and city sieges. I think the game really focuses on pvp, but it sounds like it is very well done.



The only downside I see is that the early areas for leveling are already sparse for finding other players to do the public quests with - these PQs have 3 phases- you can do the first and second solo, but beating the boss is not possible alone (at least if you do it at level). You could come back and do it when higher level but then the gear rewards won't be worth it. At level, the gear rewards are very good. So- I'd recommend getting on the game asap and join a guild asap.

One other comment- so far there's not a lot of chatter in the public chat channels (like in WoW). I think that could be because people are busy learning, and it may be because Warhammer attracts a more mature audience- more game focused, less social. Just an impression I'm getting overall.

Good luck with your decision. I'll be in game more once I upgrade to a better PC.

BTW, the stated minumums to play the game are pretty weak. You'll want at least 2 GB RAM, and a 256MB vid card. As to processor speed, they say 2.5- I have a 2.4- it runs it but choppy. So I'm shooting for a 3.0 minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment